Urban planner Ruth Miller will lead us as we explore neighborhoods between MacArthur BART and Grand Avenue. We’ll look at:
- buffers and boundaries – coping with growth
- local bike/ped access projects in progress or planned
- cool and quirky California style homes
This walk is about as transit-friendly as it gets. We’ll start at MacArthur BART, and you have the option to return from Grand either by foot or by the #57 AC Transit bus. Walk is about 2.5 miles with bus return, or about 4.5 miles if returning by foot.
- Walk departs from MacArthur BART (555 – 40th St.) We’ll meet near the sculptures in front of the entrance to BART.
- Walk begins at 10:00am, reaches Lake Merritt by 12:00pm. Return on your own by foot or catch a 57 bus back.
- This walk has some hills, including a larger climb and stairway descent towards the end. Terrain is concrete and urban, please wear comfortable shoes and bring hat, sunscreen and water.
- Dogs not recommended because they’re not allowed in the Morcom Rose Garden. And of course a canine companion would rule out returning by bus.