Join Oakland Urban Paths for a walk featuring some of the people who have shaped Oakland over the years and are highlighted in Gene’s new book Legendary Locals of Oakland. From Oakland’s first teacher, Hannah Jayne, to “Borax” Smith, creator the Key System, we’ll explore Lakeside Park and and beyond as we learn about Oakland’s past and present. Books will be available for purchase after the walk.
- Walk begins and ends at Perkins and Bellevue in Lakeside Park.
- We’ll start at 10AM and return by 12:30PM.
- The walk is about 3.8 miles, and includes several sets of stairs.
- Light rain OK, heavy rain cancels.
- Healthy walking dogs are OK.
No Responses to “ Walks Calendar ”
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.