Join Oakland Urban Paths for an exploration of the history, topography and culture of Oakland’s Fruitvale District. We’ll start at the historical Peralta Hacienda, traverse two watersheds (Peralta and Sausal) and two major boulevards (Foothill and International) on our four mile loop. Along the way, we’ll climb a recently painted stairway (jellyfish mural!), cross through multiple City of Oakland parks and hear from the author and illustrator of Oakland’s newest bilingual children’s book, I Am Sausal Creek/Soy el Arroyo Sausal. We’re especially excited to check this new book and hear directly from the folks who made it happen, copies will be available for sale.
- Walk begins and ends at Peralta Hacienda (2465 34th Avenue).
- Peralta Hacienda Site tours will be available upon conclusion of the walk.
- Walk begins at 10:00am, returns by 12:30pm.
- This 4-mile walk is mostly flat, with some light climbing. Terrain is concrete and urban, please wear comfortable shoes and bring hat, sunscreen and water.
- Sorry, no dogs for this walk. (We’ll be going inside Peralta Hacienda and through several non-dog city parks)
No Responses to “ Walks Calendar ”
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.